- MC - Metric Coarse
- Angle of thread is 60 degrees.
- The crest is flat and the thread has clearance at the root allowing external thread and internal thread to engage well.
- Larger root radius and lower thread height enable easy screw thread processing and increase thread screw strength.
- The major diameter of external thread and pitch are specified by a simple numerical value (most commonly measured in millimetres).
- Spiral Flute Taps are used for machine tapping in all blind hole applications, especially in soft metals that produce long stringy swarf such as aluminium, copper and magnesium.
- Manufactured from HSS-Co5, this modern design tap uses the shear action provided by the spiral flutes to draw the swarf out of the hole which minimises swarf clogging when tapping deeper holes.
|Overall Length||53 mm|
|Tapping Drill||3.4 mm|