From cutting rafters and beams, to ripping and trimming, or melamine shelving, plumb cuts and birdsmouth applications, this will be your new go-to saw. The combination of 18V battery and brushless EC-TEC motor ensures impressive cutting performance. It will even do intricate plunge cuts for sink cut-outs or vents, and does quick and easy cross cuts with the unique FSK cross-cutting guide rail (available in lengths 250mm, 420mm, 670mm). To enable an unrestricted view of the saw blade, the protective pendulum hood can be moved back from the front handle to release the saw blade. It is versatile all-rounder.
There is an amazing collection of videos from both old and new Festool users. Watch what they have to say on YouTube.
Product and Guide Videos
Want to see product in action? Interested in seeing the quality results possible? Watch the product and guide videos on our YouTube page now.
Easy setting of depth
Simply push the lever together and, using the easy-to-read scale, set the desired cutting depth, let go and you're all set. In combination with the plunge function, this also enables plunge cuts to be made to the preset cutting depth easily and comfortably.
Pendulum hood remote control
To enable an unrestricted view of the saw blade, the protective pendulum hood can be moved backwards from the front handle to release the saw blade. At the same time, your hands are always kept safe distance from the saw blade.
Guide wedge for safer work
The guide wedge enables unhindered, tension-free and therefore safe sawing. As it is integrated in the pendulum hood, it can be controlled flexibly using the pendulum hood remote control.
Inspection window and cut indicator
The open design and the interior inspection window provide good view of the scribe mark and saw blade. The integrated cut indicator further increases the precision level.
FastFix saw blade changing system
Fast, one-handed and tool-free. Saves time. Increases quality. Because working with the right saw blade for the material at hand becomes second nature.
The HKC 55 can be connected to and disconnected from the cross-cutting guide rail in no time at all, depending on whether you want to saw with guide or freehand.
36 month warranty, rapid repair service, 10 year spare parts availability and more.
- Uniquely versatile 18V all-rounder
- 18V Li-ion battery and trimming rail attachments ensure mobile independence
- Brushless EC-TEC motor combined with lithium-ion batteries for max cutting power
- In conjunction with the trimming rail, fast, accurate and mobile cross cuts
- Safe and easy handling thanks to the cutting depth adjustment with plunge function, pendulum hood remote control and guide wedge
- Angle adjustment with central clamping mechanism from to 50°
- Safe and perfectly straight sawing along the guide rail
- Rip cut and cross cut in materials up to 55 mm thick
- Ideal for mobile use on work sites & roofs
- Sawing lining boards/shuttering to size
- Sizing chipboard & shelving
- Cross-cutting rafters and beams
- Splinter free trimming cuts
- Plumb cuts on angles roofs pitched pergolas
- Cutting birds mouth
- Cutting eaves
- Plunge cut applications
- Cutting range of building materials and trimming posts
|Product Set Name||tool-in-systainer|
|Battery voltage||18 V|
|Idle engine speed||4500 min|
|Saw blade diameter||160 mm|
|Angular range||0-50 °|
|Cutting depth ° /90 °||0-55 mm|
|Cutting depth at 45 ° /50 °||42/3" mm|
|Connection diameter||27/36 mm|
|Battery capacity||4.2Ah battery available (can handle 5.2Ah)|
|Dust extraction connection diameter||27/36 mm|
You may be interested in this
All Festool products that can be registered for the extended warranty are clearly marked with the Festool SERVICE logo on the tool packaging, the carton has an identification sticker denoting machine type and serial number.
All you need to do is to complete the online warranty registration form. Upon completion of the online registration you will receive your Warranty confirmation by e-mail and your registration is done. The confirmation can be shown to your Festool Service Agent in case of repair.
All our customers receive our tools with a normal 12 month manufacturer warranty which is independent from any other agreements. This 1-year warranty can be extended by additional 2 years(*) to a total warranty period of 3 years if you return the correctly completed warranty registration form to If Tooltechinc Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd within 30 days after the date of purchase. The warranty registration must be completed with the customer’s details including the email address. The dealer must not use their email address for the registration. If the customer is not able to provide a valid email address, the tool cannot be registered for an extended warranty.
* The additional 2 year warranty does not apply to H Class Dust Extractors.
The warranty includes
- Note: Except where specifically stated, the following information applies equally to the one-year warranty and to the extended 1+2 warranty.
- Tooltechnic Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd guarantees that all machines purchased in Australia directly from us or directly from our authorised Australian dealers are free of material and manufacturing faults.
- We will (as appropriate) repair or freely replace faulty parts (including battery packs) caused by material or manufacturing faults.
- The periods within which a material or manufacturing fault defect must appear in order for you to be entitled to claim the warranty are one year from the date of purchase in the case of the one-year warranty, and three years from the date of purchase in the case of the 1+2 warranty. You must also make a claim, and the claim must be received by us, within those same periods in order to have your claim accepted.
- Warranty Claim
In order to claim the warranty you must write to us advising us of the nature of the fault and providing your name and street address.
You may write to us either by mail to 21 - 27 Evolution Drive Dandenong South VIC 3175 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then advise you by return of the address we nominate to which you must deliver or send the machine (or battery pack, if applicable) intact and in original condition together with proof of purchase or warranty confirmation documents (where you are claiming under the extended 1+2 warranty after the expiration of one year from the date of purchase, you must provide your 1+2 warranty confirmation document – proof of purchase alone will not be sufficient). The address we nominate may be that of one of our authorised dealers or it may be our address in Dandenong South, Victoria. You bear the expenses you incur in making the claim (e.g. the cost of having the machine delivered to us or our authorised dealer).
- The provision of warranty services neither extends the warranty period nor renews the warranty period
The warranty does not cover
Normal wear and tear to wear parts (e.g. carbon brushes, sanding pads, abrasive sheets, saw blades, router bits, rubber sleeves, stirring rods, cutting blades, cutting accessories, drill bits, etc.).
Faults or defects caused by
- Incorrect use and handling of the machine (i.e. use and handling not in accordance with the Festool operating manual).
- Continuous industrial use.
- Impacts, falls or climatic influences.
- Overloading or damage that occurs as a result of incorrect or careless handling or unsuitable operating materials.
- Improper modifications or repairs performed by customers or third parties.
- The use of non-original parts, accessories or consumable materials and the resulting consequences.
In the case of battery packs, faults or defects appearing after 700 charging cycles (even if the fault or defect appears at a time which is otherwise inside the warranty period).
The benefits to you given by our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the goods to which our warranty relates. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty on Product Purchased Outside of Australia
Warranty only applies to Product purchased by you inside Australia from authorised Australian FESTOOL dealers.
10-Year Spare Parts Availability
We guarantee that spare parts will be available for a minimum of 10 years after a product is discontinued. If Tooltechinc Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd is unable to keep its promise, you will receive a comparable new product from the current product range free of charge as a replacement in exchange for your original product.
Any tool parts replaced under a warranty claim are guaranteed for 6 months from the date of the warranty repair.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident that you will thoroughly enjoy our tools, that we offer a 30 day, no hassle money back guarantee. You can test all Festool tools within 30 days of purchase.
Change in Services
Tooltechnic Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel, supplement or change the warranty and services or these terms of warranty and service entirely or in part, giving reasonable notice, or without such notice if good cause is shown, while taking reasonable consideration of your interests.
The law of Australia applies.
Sole place of jurisdiction for all disagreements relating to the warranty is the headquarters of the Tooltechnic Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd.
If a clause in these terms of warranty and service is or becomes ineffective or invalid in part or in full or a regulatory gap is found in the warranty, the effectiveness of the other terms remains unaffected. Instead of the ineffective or invalid clause, the relevant effective or valid clause that comes as close as possible to the sense and purpose of the invalid clause shall be considered agreed. In the event of a regulatory gap, the clause that corresponds to what would have been agreed shall be considered agreed.
This warranty is given by Tooltechnic Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd whose details are:
Business address: 21 - 27 Evolution Drive, Dandenong South VIC 3175
Telephone number: 1300 063 900
Fax number: 03 8845 7079
Email address: email@example.com