The TS 55 Plunge Cut Saw has redefined the standard. Lighter weight, easier operation and precise accuracy makes your daily work quicker, easier and more enjoyable. MMC electronics provide soft start-up and constant speed under load, while the slip clutch minimises risk of kickback and wear on the blade, gear case and motor. The saw sits easily on guide rail for perfect straight guidance and exact cuts, even on an angle. The attachable splinterguard ensures cuts are completely splinter free on both sides. With Festool Dust Extractor, dust is removed immediately for clear view of the cut and reduced cleanup time. The saw is covered by Festool's comprehensive 3-year warranty.
There is an amazing collection of videos from both old and new Festool users. Watch what they have to say on YouTube.
Product and Guide Videos
Want to see product in action? Interested in seeing the quality results possible? Watch the product and guide videos on our YouTube page now.
Quicker, better results
A powerful, robust motor, spring-loaded riving knife, large bevel angle range and dual display for cutting depth settings guarantee you even more precision and ease of operation.
The ultra-flat housing and repositioned extraction socket of the TS 55 saw creates completely flat surface, allowing you to saw along edges just 12 mm away from the wall.
Perfect splinter free finish
The attachable splinterguard and guide rail work together to produce smooth, splinter free cuts on both sides of the blade. No finishing sanding required.
Changing saw blades is quick and easy with the FastFix saw blade system. The correct blade is fitted in just few moves meaning you can change the blade more often to suit the material you are working on.
The perfect team
The guide rail works with the TS 55 to ensure all your cuts turn out perfectly. Scribe line, align the guide rail and cut. Zero-play guidance ensures no more time consuming planing work, saving you time and money.
The true talents of Festool's plunge cut saws is shown when they are used as part of the Festool system. Use the saw with Guide rail and Dust Extractor, or convert it to bench saw in seconds with the Compact Module System.
- More versatile for even closer cuts.
- Flat housing allows cuts close to walls
- Spring-loaded riving knife give unhindered plunge cuts
- Quick-acting brake provides safe, convenient sawing
- 55 mm cutting depth capacity in lightweight machine
- FastFix rapid change system for easy saw blade changes
- Cutting doors to length and width using the guide rail
- Cutting full sheet materials to size
- Cutting and processing cement sheet products
- Plunge cutting applications (Sink cut-outs, vents in doors etc.)
- Trimming up to 12mm from edges
|Product Set Name||tool-in-systainer-with-guide-rail|
|Power consumption||1200 W|
|No-load speed||2,000 5,200 min|
|Saw blade diameter||160 mm|
|Cutting depth at 45°/90°||0-43 0-55 mm|
|Connection Diameter||27 36 mm|
|Bevel angle range||-1° 47°|
|Clearance when sawing next to walls||Min. 12 mm|
You may be interested in this
All Festool products that can be registered for the extended warranty are clearly marked with the Festool SERVICE logo on the tool packaging, the carton has an identification sticker denoting machine type and serial number.
All you need to do is to complete the online warranty registration form. Upon completion of the online registration you will receive your Warranty confirmation by e-mail and your registration is done. The confirmation can be shown to your Festool Service Agent in case of repair.
All our customers receive our tools with a normal 12 month manufacturer warranty which is independent from any other agreements. This 1-year warranty can be extended by additional 2 years(*) to a total warranty period of 3 years if you return the correctly completed warranty registration form to If Tooltechinc Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd within 30 days after the date of purchase. The warranty registration must be completed with the customer’s details including the email address. The dealer must not use their email address for the registration. If the customer is not able to provide a valid email address, the tool cannot be registered for an extended warranty.
* The additional 2 year warranty does not apply to H Class Dust Extractors.
The warranty includes
- Note: Except where specifically stated, the following information applies equally to the one-year warranty and to the extended 1+2 warranty.
- Tooltechnic Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd guarantees that all machines purchased in Australia directly from us or directly from our authorised Australian dealers are free of material and manufacturing faults.
- We will (as appropriate) repair or freely replace faulty parts (including battery packs) caused by material or manufacturing faults.
- The periods within which a material or manufacturing fault defect must appear in order for you to be entitled to claim the warranty are one year from the date of purchase in the case of the one-year warranty, and three years from the date of purchase in the case of the 1+2 warranty. You must also make a claim, and the claim must be received by us, within those same periods in order to have your claim accepted.
- Warranty Claim
In order to claim the warranty you must write to us advising us of the nature of the fault and providing your name and street address.
You may write to us either by mail to 21 - 27 Evolution Drive Dandenong South VIC 3175 or by email to email@example.com.
We will then advise you by return of the address we nominate to which you must deliver or send the machine (or battery pack, if applicable) intact and in original condition together with proof of purchase or warranty confirmation documents (where you are claiming under the extended 1+2 warranty after the expiration of one year from the date of purchase, you must provide your 1+2 warranty confirmation document – proof of purchase alone will not be sufficient). The address we nominate may be that of one of our authorised dealers or it may be our address in Dandenong South, Victoria. You bear the expenses you incur in making the claim (e.g. the cost of having the machine delivered to us or our authorised dealer).
- The provision of warranty services neither extends the warranty period nor renews the warranty period
The warranty does not cover
Normal wear and tear to wear parts (e.g. carbon brushes, sanding pads, abrasive sheets, saw blades, router bits, rubber sleeves, stirring rods, cutting blades, cutting accessories, drill bits, etc.).
Faults or defects caused by
- Incorrect use and handling of the machine (i.e. use and handling not in accordance with the Festool operating manual).
- Continuous industrial use.
- Impacts, falls or climatic influences.
- Overloading or damage that occurs as a result of incorrect or careless handling or unsuitable operating materials.
- Improper modifications or repairs performed by customers or third parties.
- The use of non-original parts, accessories or consumable materials and the resulting consequences.
In the case of battery packs, faults or defects appearing after 700 charging cycles (even if the fault or defect appears at a time which is otherwise inside the warranty period).
The benefits to you given by our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the goods to which our warranty relates. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty on Product Purchased Outside of Australia
Warranty only applies to Product purchased by you inside Australia from authorised Australian FESTOOL dealers.
10-Year Spare Parts Availability
We guarantee that spare parts will be available for a minimum of 10 years after a product is discontinued. If Tooltechinc Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd is unable to keep its promise, you will receive a comparable new product from the current product range free of charge as a replacement in exchange for your original product.
Any tool parts replaced under a warranty claim are guaranteed for 6 months from the date of the warranty repair.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident that you will thoroughly enjoy our tools, that we offer a 30 day, no hassle money back guarantee. You can test all Festool tools within 30 days of purchase.
Change in Services
Tooltechnic Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel, supplement or change the warranty and services or these terms of warranty and service entirely or in part, giving reasonable notice, or without such notice if good cause is shown, while taking reasonable consideration of your interests.
The law of Australia applies.
Sole place of jurisdiction for all disagreements relating to the warranty is the headquarters of the Tooltechnic Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd.
If a clause in these terms of warranty and service is or becomes ineffective or invalid in part or in full or a regulatory gap is found in the warranty, the effectiveness of the other terms remains unaffected. Instead of the ineffective or invalid clause, the relevant effective or valid clause that comes as close as possible to the sense and purpose of the invalid clause shall be considered agreed. In the event of a regulatory gap, the clause that corresponds to what would have been agreed shall be considered agreed.
This warranty is given by Tooltechnic Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd whose details are:
Business address: 21 - 27 Evolution Drive, Dandenong South VIC 3175
Telephone number: 1300 063 900
Fax number: 03 8845 7079
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org