Four devices in one: Smaller pad. Greater versatility. The new ROTEX RO 90 geared eccentric sander with the tried-and-tested ROTEX principle makes quick work of coarse sanding, fine sanding and polishing tasks. Now suitable for working in corners: The FastFix interface can be used to replace the sanding or polishing pad with a triangular pad, and the ROTEX RO 90 becomes a delta sander.
- Powerful 4-in-1 solution - For the very first time, a single tool can be used for coarse sanding, fine sanding, polishing and delta sanding. Reduced initial costs, maximum flexibility and a larger range of applications. Greater efficiency and time savings at the construction or assembly site.
- Removes up to three times more material - The high -performance ROTEX motor and the combination of eccentric and rotary motion removes significantly more material than a conventional random orbit sander. Durable eccentric bearings extend the service life of the machine.
- Protects the sanding pad and workpiece - Sand safely against abutting edges without the risk of kickback with the Festool PROTECTOR - in three sizes for various angles and window frames.
- Effective sanding pad brake - The sanding pad brake prevents the sanding pad from turning upwards. It prevents the surface being scratched during sanding and eliminates the need for rework.
- Cost-saving work - The tip of the delta sanding pad and abrasive can be used three times simply by rotating.
- Extremely lightweight and efficient - Maximum surface quality in fine sanding and polishing applications.
- Short set-up times - The FastFix interface enables quick changes between sanding pad, polishing pad and triangular pad without requiring tools.
- Faster abrasive changes - Achieving the perfect surface quality depends on the smallest of details. Festool abrasives are therefore quickly replaced using the practical StickFix system, and adhere reliably and without slipping.
- Lightweight and ergonomic - The different grip positions, particularly ergonomic soft-grip zones and low weight allow you to guide the ROTEX RO 90 with one hand on vertical and overhead surfaces without your arms tiring.
- Healthy and dust-free - Optimum dust extraction with the established Jetstream principle. For less dust and for generating less heat and for ensuring that the abrasive and fastener do not clog as readily.
- Antistatic Function - Dust extractors and tools with antistatic function to prevent static buildup when working.
- CLEANTEC Connection System - Integrated bayonet fitting as the connecting element between the extractor and the tool.
- FastFix - Makes changing accessories or consumables for routing, sawing, planing, sanding, drilling and screwdriving tools easier.
- MMC Electronics - Multi Material Control power electronics with adjustable constant speed and temperature monitoring for work with all types of materials.
- MPE Sanding Pad - Extremely durable sanding pads and sanding discs for long service life.
- MULTI-JETSTREAM 2 principle - Sanding system with integral dust conveying concept. With the patented MULTI-JETSTREAM 2 principle.
- Plug-it - Removable, replaceable power cable with safety lock for fast switchover.
- Plus Systainer - Plus versions of power tools come in systainer storage containers.
- Protector - Protects the sanding pad and material when working close to edges.
- StickFix - Quick, economical fastening system for abrasives - no adhesives, no clamping.
|Power Consumption||400 W|
|Power Lead Type||Plug-it Lead|
|Dust Extraction Connection Diameter||27 mm|
|Rotary Motion Speed||260 rpm - 520 rpm|
|Sanding Stroke||3 mm|
|Sanding Pad Diameter||90 mm|
|Orbital Motion Speed||3,500 rpm - 7,000 rpm|
You may be interested in this
All Festool products that can be registered for the extended warranty are clearly marked with the Festool SERVICE logo on the tool packaging, the carton has an identification sticker denoting machine type and serial number.
All you need to do is to complete the online warranty registration form. Upon completion of the online registration you will receive your Warranty confirmation by e-mail and your registration is done. The confirmation can be shown to your Festool Service Agent in case of repair.
All our customers receive our tools with a normal 12 month manufacturer warranty which is independent from any other agreements. This 1-year warranty can be extended by additional 2 years(*) to a total warranty period of 3 years if you return the correctly completed warranty registration form to If Tooltechinc Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd within 30 days after the date of purchase. The warranty registration must be completed with the customer’s details including the email address. The dealer must not use their email address for the registration. If the customer is not able to provide a valid email address, the tool cannot be registered for an extended warranty.
* The additional 2 year warranty does not apply to H Class Dust Extractors.
The warranty includes
- Note: Except where specifically stated, the following information applies equally to the one-year warranty and to the extended 1+2 warranty.
- Tooltechnic Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd guarantees that all machines purchased in Australia directly from us or directly from our authorised Australian dealers are free of material and manufacturing faults.
- We will (as appropriate) repair or freely replace faulty parts (including battery packs) caused by material or manufacturing faults.
- The periods within which a material or manufacturing fault defect must appear in order for you to be entitled to claim the warranty are one year from the date of purchase in the case of the one-year warranty, and three years from the date of purchase in the case of the 1+2 warranty. You must also make a claim, and the claim must be received by us, within those same periods in order to have your claim accepted.
- Warranty Claim
In order to claim the warranty you must write to us advising us of the nature of the fault and providing your name and street address.
You may write to us either by mail to 21 - 27 Evolution Drive Dandenong South VIC 3175 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then advise you by return of the address we nominate to which you must deliver or send the machine (or battery pack, if applicable) intact and in original condition together with proof of purchase or warranty confirmation documents (where you are claiming under the extended 1+2 warranty after the expiration of one year from the date of purchase, you must provide your 1+2 warranty confirmation document – proof of purchase alone will not be sufficient). The address we nominate may be that of one of our authorised dealers or it may be our address in Dandenong South, Victoria. You bear the expenses you incur in making the claim (e.g. the cost of having the machine delivered to us or our authorised dealer).
- The provision of warranty services neither extends the warranty period nor renews the warranty period
The warranty does not cover
Normal wear and tear to wear parts (e.g. carbon brushes, sanding pads, abrasive sheets, saw blades, router bits, rubber sleeves, stirring rods, cutting blades, cutting accessories, drill bits, etc.).
Faults or defects caused by
- Incorrect use and handling of the machine (i.e. use and handling not in accordance with the Festool operating manual).
- Continuous industrial use.
- Impacts, falls or climatic influences.
- Overloading or damage that occurs as a result of incorrect or careless handling or unsuitable operating materials.
- Improper modifications or repairs performed by customers or third parties.
- The use of non-original parts, accessories or consumable materials and the resulting consequences.
In the case of battery packs, faults or defects appearing after 700 charging cycles (even if the fault or defect appears at a time which is otherwise inside the warranty period).
The benefits to you given by our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the goods to which our warranty relates. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty on Product Purchased Outside of Australia
Warranty only applies to Product purchased by you inside Australia from authorised Australian FESTOOL dealers.
10-Year Spare Parts Availability
We guarantee that spare parts will be available for a minimum of 10 years after a product is discontinued. If Tooltechinc Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd is unable to keep its promise, you will receive a comparable new product from the current product range free of charge as a replacement in exchange for your original product.
Any tool parts replaced under a warranty claim are guaranteed for 6 months from the date of the warranty repair.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident that you will thoroughly enjoy our tools, that we offer a 30 day, no hassle money back guarantee. You can test all Festool tools within 30 days of purchase.
Change in Services
Tooltechnic Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel, supplement or change the warranty and services or these terms of warranty and service entirely or in part, giving reasonable notice, or without such notice if good cause is shown, while taking reasonable consideration of your interests.
The law of Australia applies.
Sole place of jurisdiction for all disagreements relating to the warranty is the headquarters of the Tooltechnic Systems (AUST) Pty Ltd.
If a clause in these terms of warranty and service is or becomes ineffective or invalid in part or in full or a regulatory gap is found in the warranty, the effectiveness of the other terms remains unaffected. Instead of the ineffective or invalid clause, the relevant effective or valid clause that comes as close as possible to the sense and purpose of the invalid clause shall be considered agreed. In the event of a regulatory gap, the clause that corresponds to what would have been agreed shall be considered agreed.
This warranty is given by Tooltechnic Systems (Aust) Pty Ltd whose details are:
Business address: 21 - 27 Evolution Drive, Dandenong South VIC 3175
Telephone number: 1300 063 900
Fax number: 03 8845 7079
Email address: email@example.com