Please note: This product is in the process of changing it's branding from Trademaster to ITM. Although the sticker may change, the physical product will remain the same.
The ITM Gecko is a heavy duty European made portable fillet welding carriage designed to produce consistent high quality welds. It features a 4-wheel drive system with magnetic traction and a control loop feedback mechanism which provides speed stabilisation in all welding positions. Constant, continuous and repeatable travel speed enables weld bead geometry that is exact to the required specifications, thus substantially reducing costly over welding and decreasing filler metal usage.
- Compact & lightweight design with durable aluminium housing.
- Permanent magnet clamping system with on/off lever ensures positive magnetic traction.
- Maintenance free 4-wheel drive with worm gear reduction.
- Quick clamping torch holder mechanism for different types of MIG/MAG torches with diameters of 16-22 mm (5/8"-7/8").
- Precise torch adjustment with screw drive cross slide.
- Multi functional LED display - pre-setting of travel speed, metric & imperial units, error codes information.
- Closed loop speed control system stabilises travel speed to reduce weld defects and costly rework
- Consistent heat input reduces distortion.
- Automatic ARC ON/OFF system initiates welding with travel, simultaneously.
- Self-guiding roller arms eliminate the need for track.
- Improves working environment - removes operator from heat and fumes.
|Power supply||115-230 VAC / 50-60 Hz|
|Welding positions||Vertical / Horizontal|
|Chassis to material clearance||4 mm|
|Travel mechanism||Friction Drive with Worm Gear Reduction, 4 Wheel Drive, Heat Resistant Silicone Wheels|
|Tracking method||2-Guide Rollers|
|Torch adjustment||Up-Down 35 mm, Left-Right 35 mm|
|Gear roller adjustment||100 mm|
|Vertical speed||0-1000 mm/min|
|Horizontal Speed||0-1100 mm|
|Dimensions||240 mm (L) x 258 mm (W) x 253 mm (H)|
I've found it welds great
I have used this welder and am extremely happy with it. I commend Get tools direct delivery was prompt arrived sooner than expected. Product was as shown in ad cant complain about any thing Great service
Very handy welder for site work. Has plenty of power and very light to carry. Was welding with 60 mtrs of extension cord and had no problem welding 10mm lintels.
This is a great little welder, easy and portable. Very easy to use.
All good. I have used it in the last month to build a workbench frame ( SHS 40x40x2mm), a small vertical steel storage rack ( SHS 25.x25x2mm), and some repairs on a factory door large steel frame. Using Satincraft 2.5 and 3.0 electrodes. It's light, it's surprisingly smooth, the cables seem robust, the electrode grip is firm. A better unit to use than a combo unit I had been using.