Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. Size may vary. Please refer to description.
A basic tool for machinists and toolmakers, the Universal Surface Gauge is used for accurately scribing lines, transferring measurements or probing surfaces in inspection work.
- A fully hardened and ground base which serves as an accurate reference surface. A machined Vee groove in the base allows the gauge to be used conveniently on curved surfaces.
- A Vee groove at the front end allows the spindle to adjust to any angle above or below the base allowing it to be used as a height gauge and also as a depth gauge.
- Two retractable pins allow the gauge to be located against the edge of a surface plate or T-slot for linear work.
- A 6.35 mm hole in the spring loaded scriber holder allows a dial indicator to be attached conveniently making the gauge useful for checking flatness, parallelism, heights, depths etc.
- Grooves on the side of the base allow for comfortable grip.
- Well tapered scriber for better sighting while working. The scriber tip is hardened to 55-60 HRC.
|Spindle Length||180 mm|