Modern cars and light trucks have in recent times increased in power and torque resulting in the need for more powerful and effective braking systems. This is achieved in several ways, the most common being the addition of larger surface area brake pads and extra pistons to the brake callipers. What the extra pistons achieve is they effectively supply equal force to the larger surface area of the brake pad on to the disc rotor.
The new Kincrome K8165 4 in 1, ensures parallel piston retraction on dual and quad piston callipers and prevents damage to pistons, hubs or callipers. When the brake pads require replacing, the pistons need to be pushed back in to the calliper in correct alignment to give the space to put the new pads in.
The single lever mechanism is used to apply and release up to 1600 ft. lb.'s of force, for ease of operation and faster service.
The plates swivel 180 degrees for both left and right hand applications on both fixed and floating callipers.
- Prevents damage to pistons, hubs or callipers
- Ensures parallel piston retraction on dual and quad piston callipers
- Generates over 1600 ft lbs of force to retract the toughest calliper pistons
- Single lever mechanism used to apply and release force for ease of operation and faster service
- Plates swivel 180 degrees for easy left or right side use
- Steel Plates engage calliper pistons
- Easy release, push lever forward to release plates