The second new Timing tool in the new Kincrome Automotive range is the K8168 4Pc Timing Gear Clamp set. This set differs from the K8167 Cam Clamp in that it can be used to lock the individual cam pulleys on single, double or quad camshafts, enabling the user to safely change the timing belt without fear of damage from the cam pulley moving during removal or install of the timing belt.
The miniature design of these clamps enables the user to work on camp pulleys with clearances from 5mm to the cylinder head up to 25mm. Included in this kit are 4, bolt extensions that expand the coverage or extend the depth of the clamp to 35mm. This enables the user to utilise the clamps on cam pulleys that sit further away from the cylinder head. This kit is also of great value when changing diesel injection pump belts.
- Holds valve timing during belt replacement
- Single timing gear clamps lock gears individually
- Easy to use / installs in seconds
- Miniature design works on engines with gear to cylinder head clearances from 5mm (1/4") to 25mm (1")
- Bolt Extensions (included in kit) expand coverage to 35mm (1 3/8")
- Pateneted Uni-Fit positive lock tooth design securely engages all cam gear
- Use on single, dual or quad ocerhead cam engines to hold valve timing during belt replacement
- Ideal for diesel injection pump belt replacement