This tool is used to lock the two pulleys attached to the cam shafts in a double or quad overhead cam shaft configuration. (2 tools required for quad cams) This is extremely important to maintain the correct timing sequence in a double or quad camshaft engine, as any movement of the camshaft pulleys with the timing belt off, will affect the timing and performance of the engine. In some cases a catastrophic failure with serious engine damage can occur, from the timing being out, leading to pistons colliding with valves at very high speed. In some cases, a full engine rebuild would be required to rectify this.
So, to avoid any costly errors or accidents, simply lock the two camshaft pulley’s together with the Kincrome K8167 Timing Gear Clamp before removal of the belt, to ensure correct timing has been maintained, when the new belt has been installed. The clamp has a patented ‘Uni-fit’ tooth design to suit a large range of cam gear sizes from approx. 100mm to 150mm in diameter with gear spacings between 1.6mm and 76mm.
- Patented 'ËœUni-fit' tooth design suits a large range of varying cam gear sizes
- Patented friction locking system allows infinite locking positions to suit most cam gear configurations
- Compact size to allow operation in confined spaces of east/west engine compartments
- Less moving parts for easy operation
- Large scalloped locking knobs provides positive grip for firm clamping
- Constructed from industrial grade fibre reinforced synthetic polymer
- Lightweight and corrosive resistant
- Allows belt replacement to be carried out by one person
- Reduces repair time
- Prevents engine damage caused by mis-timing