- 3 Stage Speed Control - high, medium and low speed, can be changed by simply pushing a button on the easy to use LED display.
- Reverse Switch - tangled grass clippings can be removed by slow reverse rotation of the cutting tool (automatically stops after three seconds) by pressing button and pulling trigger
- XPT - extreme protection technology, is an advanced series of seals and channels to direct dust and moisture away from critical components.
- Active Feedback technology - when the metal blade(optional) hits a solid object like a tree stump or fence, the sudden decrease in rpm triggers the brake, stopping kickback occurring
- 18Vx2 Brushless Motor - powered by two 18V Li-ion batteries providing up to 1 kW of output which is equivalent to 30 cc petrol engines
- U-Handle Design - designed so that the centre line of the handle-bars stays aligned with the users centre of gravity
- Automatic Torque Drive - will automatically increase the torque of the motor when increased load is detected
- 430 mm (17") Max. cutting width - similar cutting capacity to 30 cc petrol engine grass trimmers
- Counter clockwise Blade Rotation - blade rotation is the same as petrol brush cutters making it comfortable for traditional users
|Voltage||36 V (18 V x 2)|
|No Load speed||Hi: 7,000 rpm|
Med: 5,500 rpm
Lo: 4,600 rpm
|Spindle size||M10 x 1.25 LH|
|Nylon head accepts nylon line||2.0 - 2.4 mm x 3.5 m|
|Max. cutting width - 2-Tooth Blade||255 mm|
|Max. cutting width - Nylon Line||430 mm|
|Max. cutting width - Plastic Blade||255 / 305 mm|
I was impressed when I was able to use this whippersnipper outside my son's bedroom window while he was sleeping. The jungle around my yard didn't put up much of a fight, this green machine just cut it all down without breaking a sweat. Very happy thus far.
You may be interested in this
MAKITA POWER TOOLS & ACCESSORIES:
Makita Power Tools & Accessories are manufactured to the highest quality standards and are thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. In addition to any statutory rights and remedies you may have, Makita warrants its products sold new in Australia via an Authorised Makita Australia Dealer against defective workmanship and faulty materials from the date of purchase by the end customer for the corresponding period set out in the Classifications below (calculated in each case from the date of purchase):
|Category||Warranty (Effective 1st July 2020)|
|ALL CORDLESS SKINS LI-ION||5YR (Registered within 30 days)* or
3YR (Registered post 30 days or Non-registered)**
|240V – PNEUMATIC – GAS – LASER||2YR|
|PETROL POWERED PRODUCTS||2YR|
|ADAPTORS – BATTERIES – CHARGERS||2YR|
|CLOTHING – ACCESSORY CONSUMABLES – SPARE PARTS***||1YR|
*Limited to purchases that are registered online at Makita.com.au/MyMakita within 30 days of invoice. This offer is extended to purchases made between 1st January 2020 and 30th June 2020, which must be registered by 31st July 2020 to qualify.
**Purchases registered post 30 days of invoice or non-registered purchases, including those prior to 1st January 2020.
***The spare parts must also have been fitted by an Authorised Service Agent.
Makita will undertake, as its option, to repair or replace, free of charge, each product or part thereof which qualifies under this Limited Warranty on the condition that:
- The complete product is returned to Makita or one of its Authorised Service Agents, in person or freight pre-paid by you, and found, on examination, to be suffering from a manufacturing defect;
- The product or relevant part has not been subjected to misuse, neglect, or been involved in an accident; and
- The repairs are not required as a result of normal wear and tear.
Makita cannot be held responsible for any repair other than those carried out by it or one of its Authorised Service Agents. In Australia "Makita" means MAKITA (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED, 2 Litton Close, Pemulwuy NSW 2145, Telephone: 1300 361 690.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR AUSTRALIAN CONSUMERS:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Makita (Australia) Pty Ltd ACN 001 117 335