- TORMEK T-8 maximises the precision thanks to the revolutionary fully cast housing which guarantees minimal play for the Universal support. This gives you the best conditions possible to succeed with your sharpening.
- Tormek's unique drive system is efficient and manages to hold a constant speed, even under full load.
- The Tormek Original Grindstone sharpens all qualities of steel, including HSS.
- The machine features a number of elaborated details, like instant stone locking with EzyLock, water trough with lift and a removable magnet scraper for efficient cleansing.
- On the new T-8 model, Tormek has integrated the previous mounted sleeves for the Universal Support into the fully cast housing. That guarantees minimal play for the Universal Support; an innovation which improves the control of the sharpening and increases the accuracy of the final results.
- With an updated design and several upgraded details, the T-8 gives you the best conditions possible for a successful sharpening with top results.
- The Advanced Water Trough has been further improved with a screw lift for an easier fitting and a magnetic scraper for efficient cleansing.
- For long tools that drip water over the edge of the lip (like chef's knives and planer blades), you can add the water chute. Set the widest edge of the chute onto the tab in the middle of the lip of the trough and the water chute will direct the water back into the trough from even the longest tools.
- The removable scraper incorporates a strong magnet, which attracts the steel particles ground from the tools being sharpened. This keeps your stone clean and cutting more freely. These small steel particles would otherwise be pressed into the stone surface and can affect the sharpening. When you clean the water trough, you'll find that most of the steel will be located on the magnet. When you remove the scraper, the magnet will release the steel particles and you can easily clean the trough.
|Dimensions||Width 270 mm (10 5/8"), Depth 270 mm (10 5/8"), Height 330 mm (12")|
|Weight||Shipping weight 18.2 kg (40.1 lbs), Machine only 14.8 kg (32.6 lbs)|
|Grindstone||Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, 250×50 mm (10"×2") 90 rpm, torque 14.7 Nm|
|Leather Honing Wheel||220×31 mm (8 5/8"×1¼")|
|Main Shaft||Stainless steel main shaft, stone hardware and EzyLock.|
|Housing||Zinc cast top and frame. Sides in ABS plastic.|
|Motor||Industrial single phase, 200 W (input) 230 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz. Continuous duty, Maintenance free. Silent running, 54 dB. 25,000 hour life|
DBS-22 Drill bit Sharpener
With the Tormek patented attachment for drill bits DBS-22 you can now sharpen your drill bits with the highest precision. The optimal point and clearance angles can be set according to each drilling requirement, which depends upon the drill size and material. You can completely restore worn drills as well as broken drills to a perfect shape.
You create a 4-facet point which gives the ideal cutting performance since the chisel edge gets a point instead of being almost flat as on many drills. A 4-facet point will not walk and the thrust force required is considerably reduced compared to a conventional cone point drill.
A precision sharpened 4-facet point generates less heat and the life of the drill is therefore also prolonged. Independent tests show that a Tormek sharpened drill lasts up to 4 times longer than a brand new conventional drill bit¹.
By working with the laws of physics and cooling the edge continuously, the risk that the steel becomes overheated and loses its hardness or gets micro cracks is eliminated. You have full control all the time and can see how the sharpening proceeds.